Wanted to say HELLO and introduce myself!

Hi everyone!

I found this awesome-looking community on Reddit, when looking up information about FPWW, and I always introduce myself whenever I join a new community (just good manners, IMO) so here I am!

I’ll be honest, I don’t really watch too much wrestling anymore, I guess they kind of lost me right around when the Attitude Era was beginning. However, I was a HUGE fan when I was a kid (I’m 42) and I’m a gamer and have been for my entire life. I’d seen FPWW on Steam in the past, but I’ll be honest, I shuffled right past it as it didn’t have any promotion endorsements, etc.

They started to pique my interest a bit (but not enough to purchase at that point) when I saw the stuff come out for New Japan. I wasn’t knowledgable at ALL about New Japan even in my heyday as a huge fan, but I’ve found some really cool videos about both New Japan and also the World Wonder Ring Stardom promotions, and I started looking more back into wrestling games since I watched these videos (which I’ll link below, I truly think you’ll enjoy them, and I hope linking to them is OK!)

Well, obviously, FPWW has the New Japan and WWRS expansions, and with the Steam Summer Sale beginning today, I took around a $100 plunge and bought the game and every piece of DLC for it. I did this because not only did I see those cool promotions that I’d been learning about, but I also realized how crazy moddable this game is, and that it appeared every WWF/WWE and WCW wrestler has been created, and while I’m obviousIy not sure on who makes the best creations, I aim to find out – which is a big reason I joined this community and CriticalClub!

While I haven’t necessarily heard the greatest things about FirePromoter, I purchased that too as I’ve definitely been looking into games like TEW as well, as text sims suit me right down to the ground, and it will definitely be awesome to see my bookings play out graphically! While I may not be the most knowledgable person about the wrestlers of today, I hope that my knowledge of wrestling from the 70’s through the new millennium will help me to be a productive part of this community!

My name is Jay, and I look forward to interacting with all of you, and a HUGE THANKS for having this awesome resource available! Hope to speak to all of you soon!

Here are those videos I spoke about earlier in the post, by YouTuber “Super Eyepatch Wolf” – I think you’ll love them.