Custom Form Creation

Hi everyone…a few people expressed some interest in learning a bit more about creating custom forms as part of the move creation process in Wazamake. Since I’m reasonably experienced with form customization, I volunteered to put this video together to help walk you through the basics.

A couple of things before we get started. First, and I repeat this in the video, if you’re not familiar at all with Wazamake, this video isn’t really for you. There are already some great guides on this site, including Dakota’s Build-a-Move Workshop and Bozo’s [BOZO様] WazaMake ~Quick Tips~ 9/30. Both are invaluable resources.

The second, and I don’t express this as much directly in the video, but I think it should be said - knowing how to use Wazamake to create custom forms is really only a small part of the battle. Custom form creation is as much art as it is science. You can move and manipulate parts all you want, but make sure you’re always asking yourself - Does this look right? Is this how the human body would actually look when doing this move? We can critique Spike all day, but they do know how to create body positions that work within the graphics of the game. So study the existing forms and moves as much as you can before doing your own.

All right, as you’ll see, I’ve got plenty more to say in the video. But if you have any follow-up questions, I’m usually around. Enjoy and I can’t wait to see what you come up with!