-=- A NOTE BEFORE WE START -=-
While these instructions SHOULD work for mods from other authors, I can’t guarantee that. If the mod is not by myself, always check to see if the author has provided installation instructions before deferring to these.
-=- PREREQUISITES -=-
Almost every mod will require MikeDG’s PWGR Patcher, which can be downloaded here:
To set up the patcher unzip it to the directory Steam has installed FireProWrestling in. Then enter your FireProWrestlingW_Data\Managed directory and if you’re NOT using the ModPack make a copy of your Assembly-CSharp.dll file named Assembly-CSharp.original.dll, if you ARE using the ModPack, it comes with the latest Assembly-CSharp.original.dll so this step is unnecessary.
Once the patcher is set up correctly, you need to download the mod you want. I Take note if the mod is an archive file (.rar, .zip, .ace) or a DLL file (.dll)
-=- INSTALLATION OF ARCHIVED MODS, SUCH AS THE MODPACK -=-
Simply unzip the mod to your base Fire Pro Wrestling World directory, and it will place everything in the correct locations.
-=- INSTALLATION OF DLL MODS, SUCH AS MASSDELETE2.DLL -=-
Download the file directly to your \FireProWrestlingW_Data\Managed\ folder.
-=- PATCHING THE MODS INTO THE GAME -=-
Launch the Patcher and select the mods DLL file in the list to the left…then select which mods within the file you’d like to activate in the list to the right. Once you have selected both the DLL file itself, and the parts you wish to use, hit “Patch Fire Pro World” and wait for the patcher to close itself. Now start up the game and the mods will have been applied.
-=-=- IF A MOD AUTHOR ASKS FOR YOUR PWGRLOG.TXT FILE OR AN ERROR CODE -=-=-
In order to generate this text file you need to run the game with the launch option “-logfile”. Here are the steps you need to take in order to do this you have two options.
Option 1 - Generating PWGRLog.txt:
- Go to your Steam library.
- Select Fire Pro Wrestling World and right click it to bring up the context menu.
- Select properties.
- In the General tab there will be a button that says “Set Launch Options”, click it.
- In the text box that pops up, type -logfile
- Press OK and then press close.
- Run the game and get it to crash in the error that you want me to investigate.
- In the main Fire Pro directory there is now a file called PWGRLog.txt, send this file to me either by posting it’s contents or pasting it into a site like Pastebin and posting the link.
If you already have a PWGRLog.txt you should do the author a favor and delete it and generating a new one before sending it their way. These log files exist between game start ups and can get quite long and irritating to find the relevant information if you don’t delete it between plays.
Option 2 - Using the PWGR Window’s LOG option:
- Find your PWGR window.
- In the main menu bar there’s two options: Cascade and Log, press the log option.
- A new window will open which will log all errors the game encounters (as well as other things of note to developers).
- Reproduce the error. The PWGR Log Window only catches errors if it’s ALREADY OPEN. This means that in order for it to catch an error, you need to have it open before the error occurs. So if you encounter an error randomly while playing, there’s a good chance the Log window won’t be open, and you’ll have to reproduce the error.
- Copy this error with ctrl-v and send it to the mod author.